Warning: Attempt to read property "post_excerpt" on null in /home/vspdirtl/public_html/wp-content/themes/chromenews/inc/hooks/hook-single-header.php on line 87
You know your beloved car is in need of servicing when the brakes and clutches begin making weird noises. Contemporary cars are equipped with warning lights to remind you that your car needs service.
Why should I get my car serviced ?
Many people consider car servicing a waste of time and money, but quite honestly, getting your car serviced can yield rich dividends in the long run. These are:
- First and foremost, it makes sure that your beloved car remains in decent working condition.
- A thorough check of your vehicle would help you eliminate the possibility of an untimely discrepancy.
- A comprehensive inspection keeps you updated about the condition of your car. If you get your car serviced regularly, it will save you the trouble of having to get it fixed and repaired frequently. It ensures longevity.
- Also, it offers you the perfect opportunity to get rid of the niggles that you might come across while driving.
The frequency of getting your car serviced
Ideally, you should get the vehicle serviced once a year. You can also get it serviced on basis of the number of kilometres it has travelled. Once your car has travelled nearly 20,000 kilometres, it is advisable to get it serviced. You can even read through the service manual. Different cars need to be serviced differently, and at different time intervals.
Can I do it on my own?
Well, of course you can, but it is not advisable. A professional mechanic would be the best person to approach. He’d know just about everything. It’s his everyday job. If you don’t know much about the car you’re driving, then you should not try the servicing bit on your own.
From where to get it serviced?
You can get it serviced from three places:
- Authorized dealerships: That’s the best place. Authorized dealership have professional mechanics and technicians who provide your vehicle with the care it deserves. As a gesture of goodwill, many dealerships provide new car owners with complimentary servicing facilities. If your car is backed by a warranty period, you can go and get your car serviced at the nearest authorized dealership.
- An independent garage: It is the best place to go once your car surpasses the warranty period. Garages are way cheaper and affordable than authorized dealerships. These garages have experts who work on a predefined set of brands. Before you plan to get your car serviced at a nearby garage, it is advisable to carry out a thorough research. Also, there are garages that use Original Equipment (OE) and branded spare parts. Always go for the ones that are trusted by people in and around the vicinity.
- Fast-fit shops: You will find a lot of fast-fitting outlets wherein you can get your car or bike fixed. You’d find them scattered in and around the city. For instance, if you are a resident of Western Australia, you’d find lot of cheap car services in Perth. If you want to have a quick health check of your car, fast fit shops are your best bet. There are countless mechanics in Rockingham who can help you out with car servicing. Motorcyclists often prefer fast-fit shops as these are cheap and provide makeshift solutions to all their immediate servicing needs.
The cost aspect
It certainly is no rocket science that professional garages as well as authorized dealerships will charge a considerable sum of money for servicing your car. You are free to choose whatever you want to. The choices you make would depend on the kind of solutions you want (whether long-term or short-term).