If you happen to have old cars in the garage, lying around without being used for a long time – then perhaps, it is time that you got rid of the old clunker. Let’s go over a few things that you can do to get rid of your old car.
- Research: The first thing that you can do is to research online. You can search online for free car removal in Auckland for various options for dealing with your old car. The search should help list all the local used car companies in and around your current location. You can then contact these companies, and ask them to come over and appraise your car. They would provide you with an estimate as to how much the car is worth and how much you can expect for the same.
- Check with Top-end Car Dealer: You may also want to contact some of the top-end used car dealers. When you Google search for free car removal in Auckland, you should usually find them listed in the top, as far as the SERPS are concerned. The one reason that you may want to go with nationwide used car dealers is that you can be sure the appraisal would be fair and the process, more formalized. You can be sure that the estimate you end up with is a fair one. But remember that top-end car dealers are more liable to offer a fair rate but it would also depend on the condition of your car as well
- Sell it Yourself: This is a bit tricky since it involves getting your old car serviced and in running condition again. Essentially, you would have to decide if it is worth all that pain and effort to get your car repaired so that you can resell it. You may want to call in a car mechanic to come and take a look at your old car, to check it out and to provide you with an appraisal as to how much it would cost to get it in running condition again. You would also need to get it repainted and your non-working parts replaced. Also, you can list an ad in the local paper and even list it on Craig’s list and hope that a buyer turns up. And when reselling your car, you may have to take into account the cost of repairs and list it accordingly so that you end up with some profit. Just remember that if you list your car with a high price, no one would be interested in purchasing it.
- Sell it to the Dealership: If you are planning to purchase a new car, then you can sell your old car to the dealership and get him to knock your price down. You should be able to do it with ease but remember, do not expect the top dollar from the dealership, for an old car that no longer works.
- Auto Parts: If you feel that the expenses you would incur on repairing it would be too much, then the next best option on the table is to sell it for auto-parts. Various companies specialize in purchasing old car parts, assuming that they still work.
- Scrapyard: You can always sell your old car at a scrapyard. Of course, the process entails you taking the car to the scrapyard which could be a problem as the car is no longer in working condition. But you can always call them and if they are interested enough, then they would be more than happy to pick it up at your residence.
These are some of the ways that you can get rid of your old car and earn some money in the process. And remember, when you are selling your old car, you need to have all the original documentation ready. And you would also be required to hand them over, along with a title transfer to the new owner as well.